Matthew Dear - Leave Luck To Heaven
Matthew Dear's music takes a bit to get into. At first listen I didn't particularly care for it at all until about one third through the CD when I realized I had a smile on my face and my body was moving to the undulating rhythms. Wonderful stuff. The more I listened to this CD, the better it got. Try standing when listening. It would be almost impossible for me to stand still through some of the selections. Every part of my body tends to be moving in a different direction. The is a beautifully produced CD. Clear, crisp sound. Marvelous throbbing rhythms with light, minimalist notes floating by. It's a light-hearted, frolicing type of music. Get up and dance, dance, dance. Every song is good, if not outstanding.
Matthew Dear - Black City
2010 release from the American DJ/producer. Black City can't be found on any map. It's a composite, an imaginary metropolis peopled by desperate cases, lovelorn souls, and amoral motives. Like most literary gothams, Black City is a place to love and hate, as seedy as a nightclub's back room and as seductive as the promise of power. Matthew Dear, the musician, may live in New York City, but the Matthew Dear of Black City inhabits a sound-world unlike any other: a monument to the shadowy side of urban life that bumps and creaks, shudders and wakes up screaming in the middle of the night.


No comments:
Post a Comment